The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Monday, June 30, 2008

Farewell

Just use me society
Kick me while I am down
Steeling again my thorny crown
Killing my variety and array
Abuse me
Blindly throw me away
A discarded candy wrapper
Core of the sweetest apple
Now useless garbage
Only a memory
Decaying
Becoming astray
Take my pride
Entire energy and luminosity
Gasping humility and integrity
Wholeness of sanity
Humanity
You blood sucking scavengers
Lost hope on giving and forgiving
Out of wishes and silver coins
Bleeding freely from my loins
Living in this facade of life
My well has dried
For years
The eyes have cried
Blood stained vitality and vigor
As brilliant soul darkened
Shriveled
Surrendered
Died
Time will come for the seeds
Yearning the truth to know
Questioning and restless needs
As weeks
Months
Become seasons
Then years passing
Discovering again many reasons
Blooming and flourishing
Loving, giving and forgiving
Learning
The echoes of my footsteps
Forbidden path
Once chosen
Alone you go
Only yesterday my laugh boomed
Living fully and abundantly
My loving bloomed
Slowly becoming veiled
Jaded
Strikingly marked, unwell
Outgrowing you
The merciful yell
Sacrificing myself to hell
Needing quiet
Peace
Stillness
Now shamefully begging forgiveness
As time will not make it better
Just you I tell my love
With this tarnished letter
Repentant
Weeping again
Bleeding once more
Never have I another told
Of my tainted world
Good-bye
Farewell
I wish you well

No comments: