The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tree of life



Vision of you is clear even as I close my eyes
Your branches reach up high
While you stand alone
Welcoming always company
In any season you are alive and breathing
Yet tired of millennia of fruit bearing
Your bark is so strong and firm as your shoulders
My souls senses invigorate as I feel and taste you
Receive your fruits of wisdom
You are there teaching
And guiding me
Keeping me on the course of my paths destiny
Though mature I am, mistakes still making
Walking proudly though in you always believing
Your whispers reach inside and tickle my spirit
Do not fear life, child of mine
Embrace it fully and drink
Until you are satisfied
Flavour and savour your fruits of labour, relish
We shall meet again with a blink of an eye
As our graves merge into dust to become as one
You are always there for me my wise old soul
In my memories, body and spirit
Nourishing me always
My very own essence
Creating new life as your branches reach high
Even though they are thirsty and drying
Weakening over the years yet you are still giving
Take a break and drink my own blood I give you
I am also here to feed and nourish you
Never abandoning you
Restore your spirit
While I water your roots of wisdom, rejuvenate
I am forever in your veins and part of you
As you carry part of me in history, fruits and seeds
I will not fail you nor let them hack you down
Protect you with all my power and might
As you are my reason
For I am alive today
Who and what becomes of my children, unquestionably
You are a tree of life, how magnificent is your crown
Perpetually existing in the universal consciousness
We are so alike you and I

No comments: