The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Secret

Old walnut tree gracefully stands
Branches of elegance
Successful life
Admiring
Her gracefulness
Abundance
At a glance
Wise soul held in her poise
Gentle spirit
Dancing of leaves
Enchanting noise
Reminiscing
Departing
A mature voice
Forced silence of my knife
My primary cut
Carving carefully
Blade sharp
Deepening my cuts
Slicing gently
Yet forcefully
Body of dark stem
Her lingering scents
While etching
Caressing
Her bark of elegance
Ever so natural
Magnificence
I carved a heart in the old tree
Within it a secret
Letters of lovers
One of you
Another
For me
Weeping as carving I felt her pain
Wound of my knife
Deep in her vein
Connecting our blood
Departing
A blemish
Of my stain
Shamefully boasting as my work was done
Admiring again in sun and rain
Satisfied
Favouring my fame
The secret
Although having nothing
Ever to gain
Mission of life etched with my yearn
While hearing
Gentle whispers
Of surrounding fern
Upon your return
Lessons
Learn
Laugh and weep never restrain
Engrave child
Release
Depart again
Embrace life fully
Never forget
Unavoidably
Forever
Your stain will remain

No comments: