The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Friday, March 21, 2008

Gatekeeper

It stood there still without a sound
A chilling figure so profound
I feared it first
Then began to see
Winds of time
Had delivered me
It called me out to go astray
Had a gate to guard and rules obey
I glimpsed a stream of pure adore
Countless flickering flames
Beyond ancient door
Room was warm
Flames were dim
Face hidden yet seen within
It was not joyous nor it was grim
Recognized at last
It was him
I am at peace and want to stay
Give up my soul and rules obey
I feel an urge to look for one
My light of life
Forbidden one
It stood there still without a sound
A chilling figure so profound
I saw within it rifts of time
Existence constant
Life in prime

No comments: