The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Faceless

For the face of a sibling labeled as sister,
I feel love beyond words in my core,
Wishing to grasp the hidden pain,
I crave and yearn for your face to adore.

Bond is deeper then words could say,
Love is stronger then I can ever convey.
Which face was it that told me to stay away?

The eyes lost sparkle and soul went pale,
Keen to strive always, yet expecting to fail.
Voices within you lay beyond reach.
You are but a stranger I cannot teach.

Laugh from a face I no longer know,
Stabs and apologies that freely blow.
What was it all for I ask?
Who is wearing the mask?

The pain runs deep inside your heart,
No matter how close we are still apart.
I would mend your soul and fuel your power,
To blossom and flourish like a new spring flower.

There is love within you I know that much,
I can smell it and taste it yet cannot touch.
There is always chance I am wrong dead,
Yet I would bet my life including head.

My sister had died many years ago,
I will forever miss her smile though.
One face for the world and one left for sister,
Wishing she would wake, for I really miss her.

No comments: