The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Monday, September 14, 2009

Cherry cheeks


Bright smile was evident trouble she concealed
Eyes sparkling of mischief in her grin revealed

The knees were scraped while her skirt was torn
Both shoe laces untied and two palms were worn

Mud all over the face and her hair full of leaves
Single ponytail left while the other one heaves

Thus I asked her again, "Did you climb the tree?"
Alarmed nodding YES daring not lying to me

Beautiful cherry cheeks her brains quirky with wits
Attitude for dirty dozen while her mouth full of pits

"I just love those red cherries dear mommy," she said
While I washed and stitched then prepared her for bed

"Climbing trees will get you hurt," I thought on my part
As she gave me a huge hug that could just melt your heart

Eating cherries within the treetops was her total favourite place
And as for these juicy cherries mothers' love could not replace

No comments: