The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sweet Stranger

He lurked quietly with an innocent look
I was merely a child as my hand he took

Tugging at my hand while smiling a lot
I lusted for the sweets and feared him not

Truth veiled while he bribed me with candy
His conduct and purpose were not very handy

My tender age of four so innocent and free
Angel face, heart of joy, laughter and glee
Unaware that a stranger had just taken me

Little did I know about his meaning and action
Smiling and oblivious to his unkind reaction

I pursued and followed while trusted a stranger
Caused fear to loved ones, anguish and anger

My mother was barefoot, running and calling
Her feet bloody from stones as she was falling

The dread in her face and look of surprise
At last through distance we connected our eyes

She spotted me trembling in a sudden quick flash
I was worth everything to her more then any cash

There is no greater amount, nor a value on life
Fearing mother is but a tigress without a knife

Sweet stranger he was while my hand he took
Confronted at last he had a bewildered look

His actions disguised with lies of good deed
Had a hidden purpose behind a forbidden need

No comments: