The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Friday, April 4, 2008

Heavenly Doves

Glance at the heaven for what do you see,
The sky of radiance, peace and serenity.
Look again closer not using your eyes,
Countless white doves they blanket the skies.

It was not that long ago you pledged a vow,
Kneeled silently before me your head a bow.
Promising to find me through oceans and fire,
Faithfully searching with your heart of desire.

We swore each other a sacred sign to give,
Finding ourselves through lifetimes we live.
You came and embraced me, together at last,
Recollecting everything even forbidden past.

In the end seeing on your shoulder, the crow,
Swarmed by thousands of white doves aglow.
The doves were our signal for I see it now,
Mourning your sorrow, now my head a bow.

I understand you now and sense you at last,
Though am with another with a fruitful past.
Heavenly doves I plead do not cry,
Fly and ascend into the radiant sky.

No comments: