The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Newborn Embrace


Scent from a newborn so freshly lingers,
Memory of counting your toes and fingers,
Delivering a life was the fist time I felt,
Reason for living as you made me melt.

Caressing your hair in the morning sun,
While you sweetly dreamed of angels upon.
Your body so perfect and your cute little nose,
Cheeks ever so chubby, you are a flawless rose.

Little hand grips my fingers and thumb,
Legs barely awake my shoulder is numb.

I cuddled to feed you by breast,
And do not remember the rest,
Only tears of pure joy weeping,
As your face I gently caressed.

Journey ahead, full of joy and laughter,
The anticipation of years forever after,
Tenderly etched in memories of grace,
Lives my daughter's newborn embrace.

No comments: