The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Friday, March 23, 2012

I sat at your grave today....


I sat at your grave today
Kneeled and prayed
And for a short while I stayed
Whispered gently your good name
Into the wind I saw it carried away
Did you hear my heart quiver?

What are the scars that remain
In those tears that come so often?
Grand babies want to hug you
Watch you smile as you sing
Oh won’t you please tap your wing
Upon my shoulders?

Our home misses you
I’ve not felt pain like this before
For the melody you left behind
Keeps on playing in the rooms
Of quiet still hours
Etched into the walls
Only I can hear

I miss you
Don’t you know?
I did not want to leave
Left more then prayers at your grave today
More of my soul then ever before
And much more then a tear

My heart


by Janette Dengo





















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww, so beautiful! very touching, the way you write your words is felt.