The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Icy February

Once again February approaches and is near
As I celebrate you in silence of my rolling tear

Melting is my heart on the day you were born
Savoured moment is legendary on this day adorn

Happy Birthday I wish to you my dearest sis
Wishing you love and calmness, as you I miss
Not seeing you for that much the entire year
Feeling saddened a bit we are far and not near
Icy February is the birthing month of your life
You have been living in melancholy and strife

Endeavouring to reach for a peaceful journey
Reducing the flames that uphold your burning

It is not the distance that keeps us far apart
But our tenacity and uniqueness of the heart

Though it ticks the same and loves even more
I know in secret we love and each other adore

I thank you for treasuring my children living
The gifts you bear, your wishes of heart giving

They love and adore you in my words of choice
Great aunt you are to them, loving in my voice

I firmly believe that all is fair in love and war
And life always opens for us again another door

Just when we least expect it though still invite
Desiring for this moment for our souls to unite

Hoping truly one day we find a way to recover
Our relationship stalled we see and rediscover

All the blame and stubbornness can be put aside
And we hug to appreciate each other with pride

With these final words I wish you a Happy day
Another February had come by and sailed away

Secretly I am waiting for this icy month to be
Time to celebrate sisters, a day for you and me

Happy Birthday sis, I love you forever

No comments: