The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fallen


In the brightest sun I caught glimpses of a creature
Distinguished was its fall as I observed a feature

Two holes in the back, was he shot up above?
Falling ever so gently like a dying white dove

Then noticing a human shape began forming
My chill became obvious as I stared adoring

Fallen angel it was which I could not help
And as it landed in the field I heard a yelp

Fragile as it was, standing up and it was gone
Only brilliance lingered from the intense sun

A rare gift I was given and a message to convey
To only those who believe I will persevere to say

The time will come when these worlds will collide
And those unseen are visible next to each, by our side

No comments: