The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Friday, September 12, 2008

Remember me

As snowflakes fall gently and on your nose they sit
While you walk lost and slowly forgetting my vow
On the darkest nights with only the street lights lit
Kicking stones sombrely with your head in a bow

Once upon a time when you believed life was fair
Beach was our destination as you held my hand
Laughing and running with the summer wind in my hair
And making love under the stars on the moon lit sand

Now, only broken hummingbird glass shards remain
As they flicker and shimmer on the sunlit old porch
You lost yourself and I am here to help you regain
Awake, be alive once more and re-ignite your torch

Remember me with delight, bliss and those happy years
They will stay marked and unable to be washed or worn
In your heart where you have placed me with your tears
We remain united always, it is where our love was born

No comments: