The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dream on




I have to give a huge thank you to my husband Anthony for believing in me and giving me the freedom to follow my dreams and passion for the arts, especially the last couple of years in pursuing my goal of becoming a photographer.

Yes it is true, behind every great man stands a great woman however I wouldn't be where I am today in my life in terms of living my dream, if it wasn't for him.  We do make a great team.  Like everything in life, marriage and being a parent is such a challenge and it is all about trial and error.  Nobody ever tells you how hard either will be.  It truly takes effort, commitment, hard work, trust, loyalty, patience, understanding, persistence, dedication and above all love to succeed remotely at any of it. 

It takes a man who is all of those words mentioned above and so much more.  A very loving and dedicated man to his family in providing a steady income to pay bills, put food on our table, keep and maintain the roof over our heads in our beautiful home, have our kids enrolled in a private school and so much more.   We are blessed beyond words.  Truly. 

I AM so blessed to have you in my life as my life long partner, to believe in me so much, trusting me and directly or indirectly pushing me to dream on...  When I vowed over 14 years ago and gave you my heart to hold and my hand to keep I meant it.   I haven't right away, but I see more clearly every new year we are together that you meant it too.  In so many ways you have kept my hand along our journey and helped in the transformation of two young crazy people in love, into mature adults, great parents and each other's loving partners. It hasn't been easy but what journey where you learn so much is? 

I love you deeply.  I may be a dreamer but you are my grounding rod and never let me get my head too high into the clouds.  You let me spread my wings and fly like an eagle to soar and seek the tallest trees, to reach the highest goals I set for myself and yet I always find my way home.  It may sound cliche but in so many ways you are the wind beneath my wings.  You and the kids mean the world to me and are my foremost biggest achievement ever, nothing could ever top that not even a career.  My family always comes first.  I simply wanted to show my appreciation and recognition you deserve for all that you do and thank you for your support.

One day, I hope you too will be eager to pursue your passions in the culinary arts.  In many ways, more then you give yourself credit for, you are also an artist.  Your foods are incredibly enriched in flavour and zest and I LOVE being your guinea pig.  If not the world, I DO recognize your talents and appreciate your creative and delicious food in so many ways.  We are such foodies!  You are a humble and kind soul and I just know that the good Lord will show you a path into your own dreams to follow.  I wish I could find the words on how much I want you to experience a dip of your soul into such passions.  It is truly intoxicating when you work so hard at something where you are exhausted beyond words, yet at the end of the day it felt like you have been playing all day long.  After all, everyone is a kid at heart. 

Never stop believing in yourself that you can reach your own goals.  Dream on..........  ♥  Dreams really do come true.

Love,
Janette

No comments: