The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible. ~Vladimir Nabakov

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Good Deeds

I found myself doing only what an honest person would.  Honestly, there was no other choice.  As we were leaving the arena from my son's practice, my girl went and picked up an iPhone she found underneath one of the seats.  Those things are not cheap!  I turned it on to see if there is any face (image) I could recognize, phone number I could call, etc.  Nothing!

As the place was still quite crowded, I stood against the wall and observed the people walking by.  I saw one lady that looked distressed and before I had the chance to approach her she was gone out of my sight.  I thought about returning it to their lost and found but there was nobody in the office.  I continued to stand there and watched the people and that same lady walked by again, frantically looking through her purse.  I just knew in my gut that this phone belonged to her.

I walked up to her and said.  "Excuse me, did you loose an .... "  I didn't even have a chance to say it she said a phone & got all glossy eyed with suppressing tears.  She grabbed my hand at the elbow & held on to me thanking me so much for totally making her day.  She said she felt sick to her stomach thinking that she lost it.  I told her that my daughter found it and we hoped that we could return it to the rightful owner.

As I was leaving the arena, this beautiful peaceful feeling came over me that I did indeed save someones day and there isn't a better feeling in the world then that!

I find myself doing good deeds at least once a day and sometimes they feel simply amazing.

Love,
Janette

No comments: